Added Effect to Brave Burst is a passive effect that adds a buff to BB/SBB/UBB. Depending on the buff provided, it may not stack with other buffs.
Adding Attacks to Brave Burst
Some units (most notably units from Vortex Arena batches, some Seasonal batches, etc.), as well as a sphere called Ihsir's Wiles, have effects that add attacks to BB/SBB and/or UBB. Unlike attacks units have on their base kit, attacks that are not originally on a unit's base kit hold many special properties through a mechanic known as Frame Inheritance.
- Added attacks form their frame data based on the following properties:
- The frame data of the added attack consists of every hit in the unit's first Attack or Burst Healing effect.
- The frame data of the added attack also consists of every hit in any additional Attack or Burst Healing effect (second Attack or Burst Healing effect onwards) in the unit's core skill set but removes the first hit. Thus, if the Attack or Burst Healing effect only had one hit, the entire attack is ignored entirely.
- If a unit has no frame data to inherit frames from the Brave Burst in question (i.e. a unit with no Attack or Burst Healing effects, such as Nice Burny's BB and SBB), the added attack will add a single hit that occurs on frame 0.
- If a unit has a Random Target Damage attack, it is treated as one frame. As such, added attacks will inherit a single frame of the Random Target Damage attack if it is the unit's first attack. Random Target Damage attacks that appear on the second attack onward will not add any additional frames to the added attack.
- If a unit has Element Target Damage attacks, the added attack will still inherit frames from those attacks even if the unit targets a different element enemy. For example, if Chloe equipped with Ihsir's Wiles attacks a Water enemy, Ihsir's Wiles still inherits the frame data from her Light/Dark AoE attack.
- All attacks that are not originally on the unit's base kit are ignored.
- Hits that have matching frames within the frame data will self-spark.
- The added attack also inherits damage distributions from the hits it inherits. Listed below are some examples:
- Juzo Suzuya's SBB has two attacks. The first hit on his second attack has a distribution of 12%. Due to the rules of frame inheritance, Juzo Suzuya's added attack from Ihsir's Wiles has a total distribution of 188%. Altogether, Juzo's SBB has a total damage distribution of 388% if totaling up all of the damage distributions of the attacks from his base kit and Ihsir's Wiles.
- Lovely Princess Alice's BB has a single attack and a Frame-based Burst Healing effect. Ihsir's Wiles inherits all hits from Alice's attack on BB and all but the first frame of her Burst Healing effect. The first frame of Alice's Burst Healing effect has a distribution of 23%. As such, Alice's added attack from Ihsir's Wiles has a total distribution of 177%. Altogether, Alice's BB has a total distribution of 277% if totaling up all of the damage distributions of the one attack from Alice's base kit and Ihsir's Wiles.
- Added attacks that are single-target will target a random enemy, even if a target was selected.