Status Counter is an effect that inflicts status ailments to the attacking enemy upon taking damage.
Status Counter takes effect upon taking damage from an attack, independent of the hit count value of the attack.
There are currently six status ailments in the game: Poison, Weakness, Sickness, Injury, Curse, Paralysis
Status Cleanse can cleanse all status ailments of the target.
All status ailments inflicted on the player's units last for 3 turns. On enemies, Curse and Paralysis last only 1 turn while the other ailments last for 3 turns. In all Arena game modes, all status ailments will last for 3 turns on Player and Enemy sides with the exception of Paralysis only lasting 1 turn exclusively in Challenge Arena.
Poison deals 10% of the target’s max HP at the end of each turn.
Weakness reduces the target’s Defense stat by 50% subtractively.
Sickness reduces the target’s Recovery stat by 50% subtractively.
Injury reduces the target’s Attack stat by 50% subtractively.
Curse prevents the target from using Brave Burst. Additionally, this also prevents the target from filling the BB gauge until Curse wears off.
Paralysis prevents the unit from moving.
|Buff||Namespaced ID||In-Game Description|
|Poison Counter||Counterattacks with Poison.|
|Weak Counter||Counterattacks with Weak.|
|Sick Counter||Counterattacks with Sick.|
|Injury Counter||Counterattacks with Injury.|
|Curse Counter||Counterattacks with Curse.|
|Paralysis Counter||Counterattacks with Paralysis.|
- Upon the introduction of Vernil, a bug was found that caused status counter buffs to inflict status ailments to enemies regardless of immunity. This was later patched.
- This buff is useful to bring in content that requires a specific type of status ailment on the enemy as a mechanic. Examples of such content include The Cobalt Impact, Breaking Barriers, Grand Quest: Everlasting Embrace.
- Status Cure
- Status Negation
- Status Infliction
- Status Infliction Added to Attack
- Status Infliction on Critical
- List of Units with Status Effects
- List of Items with Status Effects
- List of Elgifs with Status Effects